Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.

From Aug 17th

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.

Sometimes Im not sure if Im coming home, or leaving home.

Reflecting on my mission, I know that I have worked as hard as I have been able to. I have been obedient and followed the Spirit. Heavenly Father has changed lives through the words He has put in my mouth to help the people of Tegicigalpa, Choluteca, and Valle de Angeles. I have overcome trials and challenges and sufferings, you dont even know the half of them. But, I have also felt incredible joy and happiness and recieved countless blessings. I have a life here that I dont want to leave, but I know that I have to.
I promised myself in the beginning that I would work as hard as I could until my mission President told me it was time to go home, and I have done that. I tried 4 times to extend my mission, and was denied each time... President Bowler told me, Hermana Steele, you have to go home and get on with your life. Well I guess I have to, even if I dont want to sometimes. Really, it doesnt even feel real. I dont feel like Ill be in Canby, Oregon on thursday night. I felt yesterday in church as I was directing the hymns that I would be in that same spot trying to get Latinos to sing at least a little in tune in one week, but I won't.
Yeah, Im sad. I am also happy. And nervous for what the future brings. I have to like, start the rest of my life now. What?
:) I have loved my time in the mission. I have learned so much to apply into my life. I am so happy that I made the decision to serve. I feel like the last year and a half went by in a flash. Like it was a dream. There are so many memories and experiences and stories I cant wait to share with all of you.
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. (2 Timothy 4:7)
I love you all so much. Thank you for all your support and love.

Love for the last time, Hermana Steele
La Familia Bonilla :) my branch President and his family.
 I love them so much
La Familia Gomez Franco :) Hermana Morales and I started teaching them and now they are fully active in the church and are once again keeping the covenants they made with our Father.

los marine

my last chocobananoooooooooo
hno marineros famous banana pancakes SOOO GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment