Monday, June 16, 2014

15s I'm teaching a former UN Ambassador and wedding pictures

J & L's wedding day (from last week)
Guadalupe. What do I even say. Ben and Pati moved into our ward two ish weeks ago, and last Sunday, they asked us to come teach Ben´s mom. Ben has been a member for awhile and he served a mission in New York speaking Spanish. He also is a Gringo, but his dad is French and his mom is Honduran so he knows English French and Spanish and Im just confused as to his life. His wife Pati is Brazilian. But anyway. They asked us to teach her. Ben told us she is very very Catholic and very very educated and just a real intelligent lady. So we set an appointment and later that week took a taxi to the rich part of our area and got to the house. We started to talk to Guadalupe for a bit to get to know her and Ben slips in Oh yeah she was an Ambassador to the United Nations for Honduras for 30 years. 

WHAT. 

So now my comp and I are of course intimidated as we realize how smart she really is. We went back again yesterday and man, our lessons with her are like none other. This is certainly an opportunity. She is a very powerful woman and says what she thinks. She is reading the Book of Mormon and of course remembers everything she reads and asks us little details. She also believes in some kinds of crazy things so thats an adventure too.  I just keep telling her that hey, sabemos que usted es bien inteligente, but you are going to learn the truths of these things only through prayer and a testimony from the Holy Spirit. This is going to be an adventure.

My companion and I were reading from the Book of Mormon the other day in Spanish and I came across something funny. We read something about churches becoming very rich. We argued for awhile about what the guys name is who sings I CAN BE YOUR HERO BABYYY. I thought it was Enrique Iglesias. But we were like nooo that cant be right. Thats so not his name. Because then his name is rich churches. But ohhh were we right.

 I love Spanish.

The other day we were planning. And there was a point where everything just came to a stop. I was looking at a list of people were teaching on the wall. And my companion and I were trying to decide what to do the next day. And everything just stopped and we were silent for a sec. and then I said ¨Hermana. We just need new investigators.¨ We just need new people to teach. We met a lovely lady yesterday who I already love named Marlene. Were meeting with her later this week and I am so excited. But this is kinda what our focus is right now, meeting new people. And getting J baptized. 

J & L's wedding day (from last week)
FINALLY. J IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY. But an enemigo is really working on him. I can't believe the faith of J and L. J just turned down a real good job and L turned down two because work on Sundays was required. GO DIA DE REPOSO (day of rest). WOO COMMANDMENTS. Theyre awesome. But I really hope they find work soon. 

Keeping an eternal perspective of live gets me thorough the hard times. I read the talk ¨No Other Gods¨ by Elder Oaks last night and this morning (yes twice cause its that good) and just read it. Its great. Always remember your Heavenly Father and your family are the most important things in your life. 

Happy Fathers day on Sunday daddy!! Love you!!!

I invite all of you to read or reread the Book of Mormon. Really its such an interesting book and it has some powerful words. Really truly it is the word of God. I know it. I know this is the church of Christ reestablished upon the Earth. 

I love you all, have a wonderful week, and update me on your lives! 

love, hermanita steele

ps write me letters. :D
reception 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment