Monday, September 1, 2014

24s the 6 month mark

6 months tomorrow. (8/19) How does the time fly so fast and so slow at the same time? the world may never know. 

THE MARTINEZ FAMILY!!!! ay. they are a member family from Esperanza. I cant express how grateful I am for them and all the things they did for us and all the ways they helped us out. I miss them so much!!! 


things are getting better in the area. its been a little hard because the last comp of hna gutierrez was really... well she didnt work very hard. and so trying to get everything started up again as it should be is hard and it cant be done all at the same time. so poco a poco we are getting on our feet here in choluteca. 

Jose was baptized this saturday! he is 72 :D


A man named José was baptized this last Saturday! he was a fruit of before I came here. he is awesome. he talks all the time about how he wants to SERVE and hes not just getting baptized to warm up seats in the chapel! I wish every member of the church had this mentality. 

David, Suyapa, and JAGGER :D mi amigo fiel. I love this child. I will never forget the joy he brings hehe I would walk into the house and all of a sudden there would be a jagger wrapped around my legs!!! he loved me sooooo much. more than any other missionary before me :P

our Bishop usually teaches our class for the investigators (gospel principles). this sunday he was busy the second hour of church and couldnt. so on the spot BOOM HERMANAS TEACH. well its okay cause thats all we do all day anyway (when were not walking around or getting rained on or drinking water). so me and hna moran (one of the sisters from the other set of hermanas in our ward) taught the class about the sacrament. 



Sometimes we forget how important the sacrament is. When we eat the bread and water, we are continuting to make a covenant with God that we will follow His commandments and repent and always remember what His Son did for us. We are being cleansed of sin, if we have repented sincerely beforehand. It is something that needs to be prepared for, not just a thing we so in church on Sunday!!! It is an opportunity to remember our Savior and his sacrifice.

NOOOOOOO THE WORST THING JUST HAPPENED. 

So hna Gutierrez and I are sitting here emailing. and someone calls us. and... 
its the mission office.
her visa came.
her visa came for brazil.
like its good. that is where her call is. but. im sad. she is like my best friend. 
idk when she will leave, but she has to be out of the country in 23 days at the max. :( 
well that made it a sad p day. dangit.

BUT THATS OKAY WE STILL HAVE TIME TOGETHER AND WE WILL MAKE THE BEST OF IT.
dangit all.
D: 

okay bye

love hermanita steele

No comments:

Post a Comment