Sunday, December 21, 2014

41s President: Hermana Steele, your life is going to be really.. rare (strange)... today.

From December 15th:

What? Just about a thousand things go through your head when your mission President says that to you. I've been sick, is he sending me home?? Am I going to have a really tough and crazy companion? Did someone die?? Did I do something wrong??? (be prepared for a very dramatic and detailed description of my life the past week hahahaha)
Saying goodbye to San Luis was so hard. And surprise, they took out both me AND my comp. 
bishop's kids!
<N> was baptized on Saturday, but he was really torn up that we both left. Suuuper sad. Hermana Renteria was able to go to the baptism because she stayed in the South, but I wasn't, because I got transferred to Tegucigalpa. BUT <N> GOT BAPTIZED!!! He called me before the baptism to tell me how much he appreciated me. It meant a lot. I miss San Luis. But I'm super happy in my new area.... heh heh
Elder Rigby and I, he told me his mom reads my blog so we took a picture for her hahaa, hi Sister Rigby!! :D
So Wednesday after the 3 hour bus ride, we pull into my old Esperanza stake center (if you remember, I started my mission in president's ward, and my building is the stake center where we always have changes). I get off the bus, and the AP Elder Hatch comes over to me <hermana steele President needs to talk to you after the changes meeting> Okay that's weird. Then I take a few steps and see President motioning for me. Me? Wait right now? Okay esta bien. Hi President!

We start walking to an office in the stake center.


<hermana steele!! how is your health?>


<it's good president Im really getting better>


<hermana steele you know Im watching you limp right now, you can stop telling lies>


<ah haha well its cause i had to stay up all night packing for changes and cleaning my house!! soooo everything kinda hurts>


<thats exactly what youre NOT supposed to do, exhaust yourself! well hermana steele I wanted to talk to you before changes so youre not suprised and confused. Youre life is going to be very rare (I think she means strange)  today.>


<.....okay....................................>

<well first, we are going to call you as a Sister Training Leader>

<What president thats awesome yay thank you!!!!!!> 

and Im thinking, thats not weird. what is he talking about. and then...

<But... we are going to put you in an area you have already been in before.>

<....What? Im going back to la Esperanza????>

<Yes hermana steele>

<IM GOING BACK TO LA ESPERANZA EN SERIO PRESIDENTE GRACIAS GRACIAS WHAAAAAAT>

<So youre happy? we were worried that->

<YESSSSS I'M SO HAPPY THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER>

<okay hermana steele calm down calm down> lolololol

So, Im back in Teguciglapa, in my FIRST AREA. Same house, same bed, same ward, same creepy neighbor, (mom needs more info on THAT) same broom, same cockroaches, same streets, same noises, same dogs, same tiny bathroom, same members that I love so much, same desk... 
Different companion, different investigators, different calling, different hermana steele.
Different climate too. I'm freezing my butt off.
So yeah, this change they decided to change the sister training leaders area for the first time in years. And they decided to make it my old area. And put me in it. So I'm lovin it.


I LOVE THIS FAMILY fam r

I did my first divisions (when companions split up and go with other missionaries) on Friday. They were so fun. I went to an area called Miraflores where my trainer hermana Groll started her mission. I got to teach one of her converts!! I think divisions are going to be my favorite thing ever.

Problem is.... Chikunguya.

 I can't do the same thing for very long. Can't walk too long, stand too long, sit too long, lay too long on the same side... I'm getting better! I think. 

The cold climate is really helping (seriously Im freezing I miss the South sooo much). The ice cold showers that I swear will kill me one day. So I still have to be resting sometimes. I was really surprised that President Bowler called me to be a STL (sister training leader) in this condition haha but he loves me and I love him. This will be a fun adventure.

BUT MAN I MISS THE SOUTH. My zone down there was sooo pilas. So fun. So united. This zone... well.... we will see. haha
My companion is absolutely wonderful. Her name is Hermana Castellanos from Guatemala. I love her soooo much. She is such a wonderful missionary and she takes care of me so well.
comp selfie!!
 She has been a STL for one change and her comp, hermana Flynn, just went home. She was a little upset they changed the STL area because she loved it.. but Im super happy :D still don't know why they changed it but I'm content :D
This change was hard. I finally had mission friends go home. Man, people told me how much I would love the members and investigators in my mission, but no one warned me about how attached Id get to the other missionaries... MY TRAINER WENT HOME WAAAAAHH but really. Hermana Groll is one of the most wonderful, consecrated missionaries the world has ever seen. HERMANA GROLL I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! :P My zone leader for 4 changes, Elder Torres, went home too. That was hard too. We had 35 missionaries go home this change. It. was. hard. The mission is changing.
I love this work and Im super happy.

 Keep prayin for me please :P 

I cant tell you how wonderful it is to be back in Esperanza. I have received the warmest welcome. I had no idea these people loved me so much. Especially <Fr>. Remember <Fr>? I started teaching him with Hermana Saldate and he was baptized after I left the area. But I have never seen him so happy. He was so happy to see me. AND <MAR> IS SO PILAS OHHH MY GOSH. Literally I love her so much. Im so happy to be here.
Ill see if I can figure out how to send pictures :P love you all!! write me letters!!
love, 
hermanita steele


hna <G> and her daughters I LOVE THEM


<N>!!!!!!!!!!


<A> and <B>

hahahaha I love them



 <F> and <E> and baby <C> :D

I found him in my bed last night so I put him in a jar. he's still there


hahahaha Elder Mendivil and Elder Hatch in the background

 MY LAST HUG

No comments:

Post a Comment